Join the #Storytimechallenge
As one of New Zealand’s iconic fundraising appeals, Red Nose Day holds a very special place in our hearts. And, as much as we know people love to help, life is busy and time with our whanau is precious.
That’s why this Red Nose Appeal, we’ve created a magical storybook app – an app that allows everyone to help Cure Kids raise funds while encouraging families to come together to share in a precious story-time moment.
How it works
To achieve our Red Nose Day fundraising target, we need you to help us show people how magical the story is, and how educational the app is by taking part in a special “storytime with…” social media initiative.
- We’d love you to film a special moment reading the story to a special child in your life and then post it to your Instagram and Facebook story
- At the end of your reading, nominate someone else to read it to their child. Tag them in and ask them to nominate the next person. “Thanks for the nomination for @curekidsnz #RedNoseDay #storytimechallenge [@name]. [@name], I nominate you to go next!”
- Or, challenge someone to read it better. “Thanks for the nomination for @curekidsnz #RedNoseDay #storytimechallenge [@name]. [@name], I challenge you to do it better!”
- Tag and nominate as many people as you can.
- You can also do follow up stories of your child (or a special child in your life) interacting with the book – colouring in the pages, listening to one of the narrators, learning to spell new words with Touch-to-Spell™ functionality…the more posts you can do the better!
We’ll be following your posts and sharing them with our ambassador children – they absolutely love seeing you spread hope and awareness across our remarkable country.